2012 Read to Me Picture Book Challenge

There's a Book is once again sponsoring the Read to Me Picture Book Challenge.  Since I really enjoyed participating last year and received some great books as prizes, I'm going to participate again this year.  I am going to up my goal since I will be participating throughout the whole year rather than only a part like 2011.  There are three levels of participation, Reading with a Child, Reading on Your Own, and Reading with child or on own with only a wrap up post at the end of the month.  Since I work in a school library and see children every day, here is what I have decided to do. There are various goals to chose from based on how many books you think you can complete.  I have decided to be daring this year and chose a more difficult goal. (Note: I did meet my goal for last year, I just didn't review all the books read on my blog.)

Reading with a Child (Children)
Growing Level (Read 120 books with a child during the year.)
 Already completed: 8 books read (check back later this week for the official reviews).

I know this is ambitious, but it will help remind me how important reading aloud with children is.  Sometimes I get so busy trying to cover everything I'm supposed to cover (I do have an assigned curriculum to teach) that I sometimes neglect this, my favorite part of being a school librarian.

If you have some great picture books that you think I should share, please let me know by email or in the comments.  I'm always looking for great new books to share.  I like to have a variety to choose from.

Comments

  1. Dare I sign up for another challenge? I think I will...

    http://literarylunchbox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YA MYTHOLOGY GIVEAWAY HOP

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop

My Favorite Reads Giveaway Hop