48-HBC: Finish Line!


I know I'm a little late in posting this, but since I didn't expect to win anything, its okay.  Here is what I accomplished:

  • 16 hours of reading time
  • $26 given to charity
  • The following books completed: The Manatee Scientists, Words in the Dust, Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow, Penderwicks on Gardam Street (I know this one wasn't on my list, but I really wanted to finish it)
  • 1/2 hour of blogging/social networking etc.
I was surprised that I didn't get more books read considering the number of books I used to fly through when I was younger.  I think there are a couple of reasons for this.  First, I read more thought-provoking books now than when I was younger, and second, I think and question more as a I read than I did as a child.  Anyway, now I have a starting point for next year.  It has been fun to get some books read over the weekend, I d did finish an additional book after my time expired, so I finished 5 books over the weekend which is kind of neat since I have so many books I want to read.  I will be reviewing the books that I read over the coming week.  I do want to thank all those who stopped by my blog during the Challenge, I sure appreciate it. 

Comments

  1. My reading has slowed down a bit in the last few years as I realized that I wanted to get more out of the books. I didn't worry about how many books, but just spending the time reading and enjoying it. Thanks for playing along too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YA MYTHOLOGY GIVEAWAY HOP

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop

My Favorite Reads Giveaway Hop